What does work-life balance mean to you? How difficult is it to achieve? Do you struggle with it?
If you are like most working people, especially with a family, finding a satisfactory work-life balance is a constant challenge. Nile Marsh gave an intriguing TED talk on this.
The video is below for you to watch—
Here for review are Marsh’s main points:
- People must design their own life or someone else will.
- Do not put the quality of your life in the hands of a commercial company.
- We must set the boundaries we want in our lives.
- We need to be realistic about the time frame and elongate it to get everything in; that does not mean to just wait to retire
- We need to approach balance in a balanced way- pay attention to all areas of life including the intellectual, physical, social and spiritual parts of life.
Mind you he never really tells us how to do it. He does tell us how important it can be and how we cannot depend on others to do it for us – we must do it ourselves.
What do you think?Wishing you well,
Daniel R. Murphy
Educating people for building wealth, adapting to a changing future and personal development.