Dr. Henry Cloud is a psychologist who wrote a book called, Never Go Back: 10 Things You’ll Never Do Again. On the Success.com blog he posted a brief summary of these 10 things we should not do again.
Cloud writes: ““Years ago, a bad business decision of mine led to an interesting discussion with my mentor,” Dr. Cloud says. “I had learned a valuable lesson the hard way, and he reassured me: ‘The good thing is once you learn that lesson, you never go back. You never do it again.’
“I wondered, what are the key awakenings that successful people go through that forever change how they do things, which propel them to succeed in business, relationships, and life? I began to study these awakenings, researching them over the years.”
“Although life and business have many lessons to teach us, Dr. Cloud observed 10 “doorways” of learning that high performers go through, never to return again”.
Here is a list of the ten things we ought not repeat:
- Return to what has not worked before unless something has changed.
- Do anything that requires you to be someone you are not.
- Try to change another person.
- Believe you can please everyone.
- Choose short-term comfort over long term benefit.
- Trust someone or something that appears flawless.
- Take your eyes off the big picture.
- Neglect to do due diligence.
- Fail to ask why you are where you are right now.
- Forget that your inner life determines your outer success.
If we could follow these ten rules we would be far ahead in life. Check out the rest of Cloud’s article and learn the ten things you ought not to do to more successful.
Learn how you can achieve more and realize your goals in my book, The Success Essentials.Wishing you well,
Daniel R. Murphy
Educating people for building wealth, adapting to a changing future and personal development.